December 16, 2016
With more than 700 million users, WeChat has evolved over the years from becoming China’s most popular mobile messaging app to emerging as a mini operating system on its own that is integral to the daily lives of Chinese consumers. The luxury industry has quickly caught on: while only about half of global luxury brands had a WeChat account two years ago, now over 90 percent of them maintain official accounts on the app.
Many brands new to WeChat have a wide range of opportunities to realize the app’s full marketing and customer service potential. To offer more in-depth insights on how luxury in particular can strategize to engage consumers and make sales in a WeChat-dominated world, Jing Daily released its new report, “Luxury on WeChat 2016.”
Looking at how the industry has been using WeChat for marketing, interactive apps, publishing, customer service, ecommerce, and more, the report dives deep into the app’s latest technological developments and regulations, featuring interviews with top experts in the field and luxury case studies.
In the report, brands can access the following information:
- The latest statistics from Tencent on WeChat usage habits and their relevance to luxury consumers in particular:
- Updates on the development of luxury e-commerce and payment on WeChat, complete with case studies of both short-term and permanent WeChat shops by luxury brands
- Strategies for using the CRM capabilities of WeChat, including integration into existing CRM systems and targeted messaging
- An in-depth look at Tencent’s regulations on incentivizing sharing on WeChat Moments and what they mean for luxury brands
- An overview of registration for an official account and the benefits of service and subscription accounts in an era where both content and engagement are critical
- Advice on how to determine if WeChat Moments advertising is right for your brand
- Key strategies for attracting and engaging followers, including O2O, HTML5 campaigns and gamification with luxury case studies
- Details on navigating the world of KOLs and influencers on WeChat
- Interviews with top digital experts focused on WeChat luxury marketing
- Guidance on how brands can reach outbound Chinese travelers while they’re using WeChat abroad
File size: 4.6MB